Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I colored a Scud Page!


[click to view - 2 images total]


My cousin is getting married. In San Diego. The weekend before Comic-Con. I immediately began planning a way to convince my wife to spend the money to stay at least a couple of extra days past our original planned trip. I wanted to geek out a bit at a massive comic convention. Turns out my wife is awesome and we're staying. The next hurdle was to procure a pass, but all the passes were sold out. Thus enters Rob Schrab bearing his full-on manliness.

A few years ago Mr. Schrab turned out to be awesome as well. He granted me the privilege of working on his Scud omnibus. He then proved himself even more of a stud by actually printing my name in the credits of the book, something I totally was not expecting. Little did he know that he just bestowed upon me the status of professional in the comic industry. Thanks to him, I was able to apply for pro status with the Con and they gave me some credentials. I like to think Stan Lee himself vets every applicant and he deemed me worthy. So now I'm going. I'm a professional. And I'm excited.

I wanted to thank Rob Schrab for opening the door to Comic-Con and to remind people that he rocks.

No comments: