Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Purdue Football Poster FINAL

[click to view - 3 images total]

So I know I haven't posted in a while. That's because I've been swamped at work and haven't had the energy to do so. Well, I hope to remedy that in the coming weeks and I'll start here with this. The final design for one of the Purdue football recruitment posters.

I played around with a bunch of different slogans and variants of the text and ultimately decided to go simple and just have "I am a boilermaker" on the poster. I sometimes struggle with combining the image with the logo and text elements, wanting the image to just say it all, but overall I feel these play well together.

As you can see I added the crossing hammers logo on the poster. I guess we're hoping this becomes a standard Purdue athletics logo and by branding everything we make with it, we'll achieve that goal. It worked for Purdue Pete (the boilermaker special is the official mascot) and we're hoping it'll work for us. Enjoy.

You can go to this post to see a little more on how I assembled the poster.

4 comments:

Floridaboiler said...

That poster is very cool!

Josh said...

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to make.

Beth said...

I found your poster through Google images and made it my computer desktop (hope you don't mind). That is great graphic design. Good work!

Unknown said...

Hey, how do I go about getting permission to use this logo? (For a Purdue Athletics Club/Team)