Monday, February 23, 2009

Addy Awards 2008


[click to view - 2 images total]

The local Addy awards are being held at our facilities on Purdue's campus again so I was asked to make the screen dress artwork for the second year in a row. This year, unlike last year, the local Addy association had no theme for the event. Because of this I was pretty much given free reign to do what I wanted in the time allotted, which was about 1 day of work.

I saw some of the work done by James White on his site Signalnoise and have been fascinated with it. I decided to take this opportunity to make something inspired by his work. To make the screen dress I took the Addy A logo and recreated and stylized it inside of Photoshop. I drew the shapes and layered them until I was happy. I just wanted something really clean and minimal.

The second image was created using elements from the screen dress. It's a background for all the submissions for this years competition.

It was a lot of fun to just play around with the layout and shapes and work on something purely design driven. I hope Mr. White would approve.

No comments: